A selection of material we have studied to convince ourselves about the importance of geothermal for our heating and cooling needs.
- The International Ground Source Heat Pump Association
- EnergySage article about costs and benefits of geothermal heat pumps
- A scientific paper about geothermal systems in cold climates
- An explainer on LEED, a standard for buildings
HEET (Home Energy Efficiency Team), located in Boston
- Jan 2020 WBUR article about HEET and Eversource (gas utility) came to work together
- Many slides for HEET and Eversource can be viewed at the Boston Green River Commission presentation
Fun stuff and educational resources
Here’s a fun TED talk on what it takes to keep a room at room temperature
Geothermal for kids to young adults
- Interested in training to join the geothermal industry? Check out this post!
Resources for Teachers
Information on Grant Opportunities
Page last updated: 4 April 2021